Ensure you are well and be punctual at drop off and pick up times and follow the guidance on routes in and out of school.
We want to ensure the safety of parents and carers who bring their children into school. Therefore we ask that if you are suffering from any type of illness, you stay home. We ask that children are dropped off and collected by one adult and any siblings stay with their parent or carer. Following government advice, we are operating a staggered drop off and pick up time for all classes which does not affect the learning hours.
- Year 1, 3, & 5 – 8.30am drop off, 3.00pm pick up
- Years 2, 4 & 6 – 8.45am drop off, 3.15pm pick up
- Year R – 9.00am drop off, 3.30pm pick up
What if I am late dropping off/picking up my child?
Any late comers will have to wait until all the children have entered or left the school. We will not put our community at risk by compromising our safety procedures for people who are late. You will be asked to wait, away from the site, until everyone has safely arrived or left. If this is persistent, a meeting will be arranged to discuss this issue.
Areas for drop off are:
Year 5 & 6 – Back gate by Shoebury Park. Parents are encouraged to park and stride (park in Shoebury Park car park and walk). Parent will drop off at gate and NOT enter the playground in the morning. Leave via Shoebury Park gate once dropped off. This prevents parents walking close to other parents and children who are waiting.
Year 3 & 4 – Year 3 gate in car park. Parents are encouraged to park and stride (park in Asda). Parent will enter through ‘office’ front gate, child will walk up the fenced area towards community suite and enter via the year 3 gate. Parents will then leave via ‘breakfast club’ gate.
Year R, 1 & 2 – Pedestrian gate on Eagle Way. Parents are encouraged to park in Anson Chase, along the road etc. Parent will drop off at gate and not enter the playground in the morning. Children will enter through EYFS gate and walk in through their external fire door.
We will put photos on the school website to confirm the entrance and exit gates for all year groups before we start back in September.
What if I have more than one child to drop off?
If your children are due in at different times, we ask that you drop your child off at the designated times, at the designated places. This enables the safe management of children arriving at school.
If, however, they are due in at the same times:
- Year 5 & 3 ~ Children enter via Shoebury Park gate. Staff will be on hand to help usher the children to their external classroom door.
- Year 5 & 1 or Year 3 & 1 ~ Children enter via pedestrian gate (on Eagle Way) Staff will be on hand to help usher the children to their external classroom door.
- Year 6 & 4 or Year 6 & 2 ~ All children enter via Shoebury Park gate. Staff will be on hand to help usher the children to their external classroom door.
- Year 4 & 2 ~ Children enter via Pedestrian gate (on Eagle Way) and then year 4 will walk around to their external fire door. Staff will be on hand to help usher the children to their external classroom door.