How are places allocated for children with SEN?

Pupils with SEN are allocated places in two separate and distinct ways. 

  • Those pupils with statements or Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) have a separate admissions procedure overseen by the SEN team at Southend-on-Sea Borough Council.
  • Those pupils who have SEND but do not have a statement or EHCP are admitted via the normal school admission criteria.