Vacancy: KS2 LSA
Two permanent and one fixed term (1 year) positions
Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 12.00pm (term time only)
Salary: Point 5 (Actual salary £7320)
Closing date: 5th July 2021 at 9am
Interview days: 12th July 2021
St George’s Catholic Primary School is a place where faith, family, education and excellence underpins all that we do. We believe in a holistic approach to education where children learn the skills needed to flourish academically, in addition to being taught life skills that will equip them for their future and enable them to become outstanding members of society.
We are seeking learning support assistants to join our school family; people who have experience of working, understanding and supporting children. You will work as part of a committed class team who will strive to achieve the best outcomes for every child. The children also play their part being active learners who are willing to challenge themselves to be the best they can be. As supporting the learning of basic skills is vital, we need people with excellent English and mathematics skills, GCSE grade A-C.
The successful candidates will be reliable, flexible and be committed to our school community. Ideally you will have experience in supporting children in key stage two, relishing working with older primary age children and preparing them for the next stage of their education. It would also be of benefit to have experience with children who may encounter barriers to their learning.
Essential skills for the role include:
- Ability to assist teachers in a range of duties to support the educational needs of identified pupils in the class, with particular emphasis on inclusion
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ progress and achievement
- Motivate and encourage pupils to access the full learning opportunities available
- Promote self-esteem and independence
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to their progress and achievement
- Assist with the planning and delivery of interventions to support learning
- Be proactive in reshaping a task for a child who may need further support or challenge
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment
- Promoting good behaviour, deal with conflict or incidents following school policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, parents and other professionals, appreciating and supporting the role of each one
- Ability to support the use of ICT in learning activities
- Be aware of and comply with all policies and procedures relating to child protection and safeguarding, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection.
- Contribution to the overall ethos and aims of the school
- Attend and participate in meetings where required, including training
- Have the flexibility to support children at lunchtimes and accompany classes to offsite educational visits, taking responsibility under supervision
An NVQ Level 2 in learning support or other equivalent qualification would be desirable.
The positions will be from 08.30-12.00, with an unpaid 15 minute morning break, Monday to Friday, term time only.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to support this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, fitness to work declaration and satisfactory references.
Closing date for applications: 22nd June 2021 at Midday
Interview date: Short listed candidates will be interviewed on either 30th June or 1st July 2021
Completed applications to be sent for the attention of: Mrs Bridget Parascandolo at: firstname.lastname@example.org