How do children access the curriculum?
At St George’s we aim to give all children, including those with SEN, access to a rich, varied wide ranging curriculum. To help ensure every child is meeting their potential, we adopt a wide range of approaches to support children’s learning including:
- Lessons which are carefully planned, differentiated and tailored to suit all children.
- Creating stimulating environments both in and outdoors
- A variety of visual and sensory resources to support learning.
- Personalised provision for all pupils, including those with SEN and/or disabilities.
- Adult support planned and adapted by the class teacher. This may be delivered through an LSA, or a qualified teacher working within the classroom, or where appropriate this teaching may take place in a more suitable environment.
- We make reasonable adjustments to enable children with SEND to access trips and extra-curricular activities with appropriate support enabling them to have equal access and opportunities.