What arrangements does the school make to support children moving between year groups?
Towards the end of each academic year, arrangements are made to ensure all children have
a smooth transition into their next school year. This includes:
- Sessions for all children with their new teacher in the summer term
- Where possible, joint activities across year groups.
- Dedicated handover sessions for staff to pass on all relevant information to their
- The SENCO ensures all relevant information about any child is shared with the
correct staff members.
- Arrange a meeting for you with the new class teacher if needed.
- Produce a transition booklet with photos of the new classroom and the new teacher if needed.